History

Our church history started in an army hut on Victoria Drive in South Vancouver in the 1940’s. The little group formally became Faith Baptist in 1957 after moving to a new location at 49th and Gladstone with Doug Harris as the founding pastor. Faith Fellowship Baptist has been in its current location at 49th and Elliott for 50 years. We are privileged to partner with El Redentor Baptist in impacting our world.

Jack Taylor started pastoring at Faith in 1999 and now leads an active congregation with representatives from 50 different nations. New Hope Community Services Society (working with refugees) and New Hope Childcare both began from Faith’s vision of reaching our community and becoming multi-cultural. We partner with the Vancouver Food bank, South Vancouver Neighborhood House and other agencies to meet the needs of our neighborhood.